Design Inspiration Supplies
- 1 Sand Dollar Button (94-6580-27)
- 1 Shell Charm (94-2448-27)
- 2 Small Hammertone Ring (94-3085-27)
- 16 Kenyan Spacer (93-0405-27)
- 18 4mm Beaded Spacer (93-0408-27)
- 3 Med. Oval Jump Ring (01-0018-27)
- 6” 6x4mm Brass Cable Chain (20-0425-27)
- 28” 1mm Round Leather Cord
- 12 Assorted 8-12mm glass and ceramic beads (#58 Petite Strand from Jesse James Beads shown)
- flat or chain nose pliers (2)
- jewelry adhesive
Skill Level: Easy Peasy
Finished Size: Approx. 8”
Designer: Tracy Gonzales
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for video opening and closing jump rings)
- Cut two 4” pieces and two 10” pieces of leather cord. Set aside.
- String the button onto one 4” piece of cord. Fold one end of the cord over about 1 ½” and move the button into the fold. Tie the end of the cord to the main strand with an overhand knot about ½” from the button. Tighten securely.
- String the Hammertone ring onto the other end of the cord. Fold the end over about 1” from the button and secure it to the main strand with a second overhand knot right next to the first. The finished length of this cord “link” should be about 1”. Tighten securely. Trim cord ends at knots leaving 1/8” tails. Apply a small drop of adhesive to knots and allow to dry.
- To form button loop repeat Steps 2-3 with second 4” piece of cord (omitting button), making sure the first loop is large enough for the button to fit through.
- Open one oval jump ring and attach to one end of the chain. Before closing, attach jump ring to the Hammertone ring on one of the end pieces. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Step 5 at other end of chain with second end piece.
- Pick up one 10” piece of cord and secure one end to the ring at one side of the bracelet with an overhand knot. Repeat to attach the second 10” piece to the same ring on the other side of the chain.
- For each cord strand choose and arrange six beads and an assortment of spacers in the order desired. (Each bead will be flanked by 2-4 spacers.)
- String first section of *spacer(s), bead, and spacer(s) onto one of the cord strands. Tie an overhand knot about 1” from the first knot*. Repeat * through * five times, omitting final knot. Adjust the knots and beads so that the overall length is close to the chain length, then use the final knot to attach the cord to the ring at the other end of the bracelet.
- Repeat Step 9 with second cord and remaining beads and spacers.
- Open one oval jump ring and attach Shell Charm. Before closing, attach jump ring to ring at the button end of the bracelet. Close jump ring.
- Tighten all knots, apply adhesive and allow to dry.