Tip: Don't stretch the cords when knotting. Tie with cord relaxed, but with extra slack taken up.
- Thread cord through button shank.
- Cut three 12” strands of elastic cord. Pull on the ends to pre-stretch the cords.
- Pick up one strand and string on one Color A gemstone bead and one 3mm spacer. Repeat 23 times. String final gemstone bead and one large hole spacer.
- Tie ends of cords together with a Surgeon’s Knot. (Fig 1) Tighten securely. Optional: Add drop of adhesive and allow to dry.
- Repeat Steps 2-3 with Color B gemstone beads and 8/0 Seed Beads.
- Repeat Steps 2-3 with Botanical Beads and 4mm gemstone beads.
- Trim excess elastic cord at knots. Tuck knots into large hole spacers as much as possible.
- Pick up all three strands and stack in desired order, with large hole spacers aligned at back. Open pinch bail wide enough to fit over beads and place it over all three strands at front (opposite large hole spacers). Before closing pinch bail add link onto peg. Pinch closed securely.
Download the Nesting Bracelet PDF