- thread cutters
- beading needle
- chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
- beading mat
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 7”
Designer: Tracy Gonzales
Download the Oasis Bracelet PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings).
Tip: Oasis Stitch-in Links are two-sided. Pay attention to which side is facing up when attaching the second link. Keep thread tension firm throughout.
- Thread needle with 5 ft of beading thread. String stop bead and position it 4" from end.
- Sew through one loop of one link, pick up one tile bead, then sew through second loop of link.
- Pick up one A, one B, and one A seed beads. Pick up one brick bead, then sew through second hole of tile bead.
- Pick up another brick bead, and one A, one B, and one A beads. Sew through link loop, first hole of tile bead, and second link loop again.
- Sew down through A, B, and A beads, then through brick bead, second tile bead hole, and second brick bead again.
- Pick up one A, one B, one A. Sew through second hole of brick bead, pick up second tile bead, and sew through second hole of next brick bead. (Fig 2)
- Pick up one A, one B, and one A.
- Sew through first hole of brick bead, second hole of first tile bead, and first hole of next brick bead.
- Sew down through A, B, and A beads, then through second hole of brick bead, first hole of second tile bead, and next brick bead.
- Repeat Steps 3-9 eight times. (Replace "second link loop" in Step 4 with "brick bead")
- Pick up one A, one B, and one A. Sew through loop of second link, making sure it is facing the same direction as the first link.
- Sew through second hole of final tile bead and second link loop.
- Pick up one A, one B, and one A. Sew back through brick bead, first hole of final tile bead, and next brick bead. Repeat thread path once for reinforcement.
- Weave through a few beads, knotting twice. Trim thread.
- Thread needle onto tail and repeat Step 14 at other end.
- Open one jump ring and attach clasp ring to one end of bracelet. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach to clasp bar. Close jump ring. Open final jump ring and attach jump ring on clasp bar to other end of bracelet. Close jump ring.