- 1 Scallop Shell Pendant (94-2555-26)
- 1 Sea Turtle Charm (94-2553-26)
- 1 Scallop Shell Button (94-6602-26)
- 2 Round Jump Ring 20 Gauge 4mm ID (01-0024-09)
- 2 Round Jump Ring 16 Gauge 5mm ID (01-0020-09)
- 5 Crimp Bead 2x2mm (01-0030-25)
- 5 Crimp Cover 3mm (01-0032-25)
- Size 6, 8 and 11 round (rocaille) seed beads, light blue shades
- 6mm bugle beads, green
Beading wire, fine
- Wire cutters
- Chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
- Crimping pliers
- Measuring tape
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 26"
Designer: Denise Varville
Download the Oceans Necklace PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Crimping).
Tip: The seed beads are strung randomly in this design. Premix a selection of all size seed beads.
- Close the two 5mm jump rings securely.
- Cut one 5", one 23", and one 26" piece of beading wire.
- String one crimp bead onto 23" strand of wire.
- Thread end of wire through one closed 5mm jump ring then back through crimp bead. Adjust wire so crimp bead is close to jump ring, then secure with crimping pliers. Trim excess wire.
- String on about 19 1/2" of seed beads and bugle beads in random order.
- String one crimp bead.
- Repeat Step 4.
- Strong one crimp bead onto 26" strand of wire.
- Repeat Step 4, attaching to jump ring at one end of completed strand.
- String about 23" of seed beads and one crimp bead.
- Repeat Step 9, attaching at other end of completed strand.
- Pick up 5" strand of wire and string on one crimp bead and 1 3/4" of seed beads.
- Center beads, then thread wire back through crimp bead to form button loop. Thread both wire ends through jump ring at one end of the necklace, then back through crimp bead. Adjust to take up slack and snug crimp bead next to jump ring, then secure with crimping pliers. Trim excess wire.
- Open jump ring at other end of necklace and attach button. Close jump ring.
- Use front notch of crimping pliers to attach crimp covers to all crimp beads.
- Open one 4mm jump ring and attach sea turtle charm to center of shorter bead strand. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Step 16 to attach shell pendant to longer bead strand.