- 2 French Hook Ear Wire w/2mm Bead (90-3120-10)
- 2 Sacred Heart Button (94-6609-26)
- 2 Milagro Heart Charm (94-2322-26)
- 36 Disk 3mm Spacer Bead (93-0439-25)
- 16 Beaded 4mm Spacer Bead (93-0408-26)
- 2 Oval Jump Ring 20ga 3x2mm ID (01-0016-09)
- 2 Round Jump Ring 18ga 8mm ID (01-0026-09)
- 20 Czech Glass 6x4mm Pony or Crow Bead, translucent red
- 20 Gauge Craft or German Style* Wire, Gold
- chain nose pliers (2)
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 3"
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Sacred Heart Button Earrings PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Sacred Heart Button Earrings Jewelry Making Demo
With Crystal 5040 Briolette Beads and Czech Glass 6x4mm Faceted Pony Beads
And in different themes! Scallop Shell Button w/Seahorse Charm, Apple Blossom Button w/Bunny Bead, Bee Button w/Honeybee Charm, Tree of Life Button w/ Birch Leaf Charm, and Celtic Knot Button w/ 4-Leaf Clover Charm
Watch our technique videos TierraCast Blog (look for Simple Loops and Jump Rings).
Tip: *German style wire is harder than craft wire, but still easy to work with. It will hold the hoop shape more firmly than craft wire. When assembling second earring pay attention to which way the milagro charm is facing.
- Open 1 small oval jump ring and attach to 1 charm. Close jump ring. Repeat. Set aside.
- Cut one 4" piece of craft wire. Use small round shape or fingers to curve into a circle about 1 1/4" in diameter.
- At one end use round nose pliers to make a hook about 1/8" long. Attach hook to button shank and squeeze to close.
- String *1 crow bead, 1 disk spacer, 1 beaded spacer and 1 disk spacer* onto wire hoop. Repeat * through * 3 times, then string 1 crow bead and 1 disk spacer.
- String charm dangle onto wire, then 1 disk spacer. Repeat * through * 4 times, then string 1 crow bead.
- Thread wire end through button shank. Adjust size and shape of hoop so beads fit just outside bottom curve of button, then curve wire tail back onto itself to form hook around shank. Trim excess wire and pinch to close hook.
- Flip earring over to view front of button. Arrange button and hoop so button is right side up, then open 1 round jump ring and attach to shank above hoop. Before closing jump ring attach loop of 1 ear wire. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Steps 2-7 for second earring.