Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Simple Loops).
- String one 2mm bead and one seed bead onto the straight end of one ear wire blank. Protecting the bottom of the seed bead, bend end of wire to right angle. Form a simple loop closing loop completely. Repeat with second ear wire. Set aside.
- String one seed bead onto one head pin. Protecting top of bead, bend end of wire to right angle. Trim excess wire leaving 3/8”. Form a simple loop. Repeat with 7 remaining seed beads and head pins. Set aside.
- Cut one 6” piece of sari silk ribbon and one 3” piece of craft wire. Open one round jump ring. Thread the jump ring around the center of the ribbon. Close jump ring. Fold the ribbon in half and wrap craft wire several times around it near the jump ring to secure. Trim excess wire and use chain nose pliers to tuck cut ends into ribbon.
- Cut two 6” pieces of chain. Open the jump ring at the top of the ribbon and attach the center link of one piece of chain to one side of the ribbon. Repeat with second piece of chain on other side of ribbon. Close jump ring.
- Open one oval jump ring and attach it to the jump ring at the top of tassel. Before closing jump ring, attach it to the center finger of one Hamsa link. Close jump ring.
- Open the loop on one seed bead dangle and attach it to a thumb of the Hamsa link. Close loop. Repeat to attach 3 more dangles to remaining fingers/thumb.
- Open the loop on one ear wire and attach it at the top of the Hamsa link. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 3-7 to complete second earring.
- Use scissors and wire cutters to adjust lengths of ribbon and chain as desired.