Design Inspiration Supplies
- 1 Craftsman Clasp Set (94-6205-27)
- 1 Botanical Pinch Bail (94-5827-40)
- 7 Botanical Branch Link (94-3221-27)
- 8 Botanical Bead (94-5828-40)
- 8 2" 21ga Eye Pin (01-0027-27)
- 2 4mm Round Jump Ring (01-0024-27)
- 8 Swarovski 5060 5.5mm Hexagon Spike Beads (Crys.Paradise Shine shown)
- 8 6x8mm nugget gemstone beads (Blue Apatite shown)
- 1 36x46mm top drilled gemstone pendant (Shattukite shown)
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
Skill Level: Easy
Finished Size: Necklace 20”, Pendant 2 1/8"
Designer: Katie Hilll
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for videos on jump ring and simple loops).
Tip: When adding the beaded links, decide whether you’d like them to lay all the same or be asymmetrically placed.
- Use 1 eye pin to string 1 botanical bead, 1 hexagon spike bead, and 1 nugget bead. Use round nose pliers to form a simple loop at the top of the last bead strung. Trim any excess wire. Set the beaded link aside. Repeat this step seven times.
- Use chain nose pliers to open one end of a beaded link. Connect it to one end of 1 botanical branch link. Close the loop.
- Use chain nose pliers to open one end of another beaded link. Connect it to the other end of the previous botanical branch link. Close the loop. Open the loop at the other end of the same beaded link; connect it to a new botanical branch link. Repeat this step five times.
- Use chain nose pliers to open one end of 1 beaded link. Connect it to the other end of the previous botanical branch link. Close the loop.
- Fold the necklace in half; place the bail around the necklace at the fold. Press the bail prongs into each end of the gemstone pendant’s hole so it hangs from the necklace. Pinch bail closed securely.
- Use 1 jump ring to connect the clasp ring to the open loop of a beaded link at one end of the necklace. Repeat to connect the clasp bar to the other end of the necklace.